Aug 27, 2011

Two HR recruiters in my life

I had spoken with many recruiters and had some interesting conversations with some of them. It's always interesting for me to talk to a stranger. Let me post two of them here.

------ 1 -------

One HR executive, soft-spoken and sweet,  asked me lots of information and hung up. As I turned around, my cell was ringing again.
"Yup," I said answering the call.
"Hey, it's me again, pMan. I need one more information from you." she said, the same HR recruiter.
"Sure," I said.
"Hmmm, are you married?" I was surprised about that question and was well aware of what she really wanted to know.
"Oh No, are you?" I asked her.
"Hmm.. no... alright.. thanks pMan. I will process your resume and let you know." She was in a hurry. It was a nice experience and lesson learnt. It's all about how, and not what, you ask someone when you ask for something. Needless to say, I didn't get another call from her.

She should have asked me 'pMan, I want to know your marital status to process your candidature?' I am sure, I wouldn't have replied anything more than 'single' and no more questions. There are reasons why should we act formal at times. And, never act friendly with strangers. :-)

------ 2 ---------

Here is another one, I liked this. She told me about the company, it's a product development CMMI level 5 MNC, and few more. After a brief intro, she asked if I was interested. I said 'No' straight away without asking any questions. She was surprised as she told later.
"Hmmmm... pMan, can I know why? Because, this is a nice opportunity, and especially it's a product development company." She added.
"Yup, the reason is I am not interested in product development companies."
"Fine, but people are more interested in product development companies, and die for a job, you know? I am surprised about your decision." She wanted me to reconsider. I thought to give her why exactly I declined this one. So I explained.
"That's right. And, as far as I am concerned, I do not like product development companies." I said.
"You mean, you like only IT services companies?" She interrupted.
"Right, IT consultants, that what I mean. And the reason ..." I continued from where I was interrupted.
".. is, you know, I am not married, don't have a girlfriend. Not staying with my family. Nobody asks me why and why not, in my personal life. So, all those things that people usually don't like about IT consultants, I like for the time being. If I do not do it at this time, I am sure I will never do this in my life time. I guess you know what I mean. When I plan to settle down, I will definitely consider a product development company and I will be glad to receive your call. :)"
When I paused, I heard her laughing at the other end.
"I have one more reason not to think twice about this, I've already accepted an offer from ABC," I just added.
"Alright pMan. Wish you all the very best with ABC."
"Thank you.. bye."
"B-bye"
"Yup."

------------ end --------------

1 comments:

Bharti Gupta said...

AWESOME! :P from where do u get such things to say..? :P :P LOL

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Copyright © 2011 pMan