Jan 15, 2012

Salutation to the Dawn - wake up with morning Sun!


Morning is the most beautiful moment of my everyday life. So, sometimes, I wake up with Sun, go to my roof top, and held my thin body against the morning Sun and stand still for some time!

Sometimes, even in the winter, I go up there topless! Fortunately, there's nobody in the apartment I live in, who enjoys the beauty of the dawn! The entire flora and fauna in the world can feel it, I wonder why people around me don't.

When I open my eyes and realize it's early morning and it's so damn cold outside, and naturally inclined to curl up under the blanket, then I think - hang on, what should I do now? Sleep again, or go to the roof top and feel the most beautiful moment of the day? This is the thought, that made those of my days! In the winter, wind sweeps from East and I held myself against the Sun and the wind! Shivering in cold. I shut my mouth tight, drawn inward, clench my fist tight and try to stand firmly on the floor... and to feel the beauty of the Nature.. Out of all sort of nuisance and especially, society's prejudiced offspring... I'm addicted to this Nature.


Salutation to the Dawn:
Look to this day!
For it is life, the very life of life.
In its brief course
Lie all the verities and realities of your existence:
    The bliss of growth
        The glory of action
            The splendor of beauty,
For yesterday is but a dream
And tomorrow is only a vision,
But today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness
And every tomorrow a vision of hope.
Look well, therefore, to this day!
Such is the salutation to the dawn.

-Kalidasa.

Taken from: How to stop worrying and start living by Dale Carnegie.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Copyright © 2011 pMan